- Zorunluluk ve konuşmacının kişisel arzusunu belirtir.
- Konuşan kimse bir işi yapmanın önemli veya gerekli olduğunu düşünür ve kendi duygu ve düşüncesini belirtirken ‘must’lı cümleler kurar.
- Subject + must + V1 + (Object)
- I must do my homework.
- You must stay in bed for a week. (Doctor says)
- I must buy flowers for my mother.
- It’s a fantastic film. You must see it.
- I must go to the nearest bank to get some cash.
- We’re in danger. You must do something.
- I must say that I don’t think you were very nice to him.
- You must come and see us some time.
- I muststop smoking.
- I must be home at 10 as I must study for the exam. (It is my own opinion)
- Kural veya kanunlardan kaynaklanan zorunluluklar için ‘have to’ kullanılır.
- 3. bir şahıstan kaynaklanan zorunluluklar için de kullanılır.
- I / You / We / They + have to + V1 + (Object)
- He / She / It + has to + V1 + (Object)
- We have to wear a uniform at high school.
- A person has to be 18 to drive.
- Drivers have to wear seat belts.
- Everyone has to identity cards.
- I have to take this medicine twice a day. (My doctor said)
- Jennifer can’t come with you as she has to do the laundry.
- In Turkey, you have to drive on the right.
- John has to wear a tie at work.
- I have to be home at 10. (My parents told me)
- Catholics have to go to church on Sundays. (Their religion tells them)
- Mustn’t yasak belirtir.
- Bir işi yapmak tehlikeli, saçma veya mantıksız ise bunu mustn’t ile anlatırız.
- Ayrıca yapılması sonucunda kötü bir sonuç meydana gelir.
- Subject + mustn’t + V1 + (Object)
- You mustn’t smoke here.
- You mustn’t make noise after twelve.
- Imustn’t forget Tara’s birthday.
- You mustn’t drink it as it’s very dangerous.
- Policemenmustn’t drink on duty.
- You mustn’t tell him the truth.
- You mustn’t speak loudly in the library.
- We mustn’t tell lies.
- You mustn’t be late for classes.
- We mustn’t leave the milk outside.
Don’t/Doesn’t Have to
- Zorunluluğun bulunmadığı, ortadan kalktığı durumlarda don’t/doesn’t have to kullanılır.
- I / You / We / They + don’t have to + V1 + (Object)
- He / She / It + doesn’t have to + V1 + (Object)
- It’s an informal meeting, so you don’t have to wear a tie.
- Tomorrow is Sunday. I don’t have to work tomorrow.
- We don’t have to come to school on weekends.
- I don’t have to wear a uniform at university.
- Cansel doesn’t have to pay bills since her father does.
- I have a lot of time, so I don’t have to
- I don’t have to get up early at the weekends.
- My brother has an easy job. He doesn’t have to work hard.
- Passengers in buses don’t have to wear seat belts.
- You don’t have to go with me.
- Must cümle başında kullanılarak soru cümleleri oluştur fakat zorunluluk durumunda soru sorarken daha çok have to kalıbını tercih ederiz. Must soru kalıbı yaygın değildir.
- Must + subject + V1 + (Object)
- Must we speak fluently in the video assignment?
Yes, you must.
No, you mustn’t.
- Must he stay with us?
Yes, he must.
No, he mustn’t.
- Zorunluluk durumunda soru sorarken bu yapıyı kullanırız ve kullanılan özneye göre Do veya Does kullanılır.
- Do I / You / We / They + have to + V1 + (Object)
- Does He / She / It + have to + V1 + (Object)
- Do we have to speak fluently in the video assignment?
Yes, you do.
No, you don’t.
- Does she have to be in her dormitory until 7:30?
Yes, she does.
No, she doesn’t.